After a few minor updates, v0.8 is now released with a few changes. The most notable one is that I have decided to include oversea Vietnamese channels into the plugin (Vietface TV, VAN-TV, Global TV, Saigon TV, VBS TV and Little Saigon TV). This is the result of lots and lots of requests for these channels. So again, xbmc should automatically update. If not, do a “Force Refresh” or “Check for Updates” on the official repo.
I have also taken into consideration of suggestions for donations from a few people. Given the personal time and effort put in the maintenance of this plugin, if you enjoy using it, please consider supporting the development by donating via PayPal to b_at_zecoj_dot_com. That being said, my software will always remain free and open source.
Hi everyone, version 0.7 has now been released, with a few changes, improvements, and more channels!
- All channels will now have (optional) descriptions next to them in the list. This can be disabled in “Add-on Settings”. All descriptions are in Vietnamese and UTF-8 encoded. To display them properly, you need Unicode-supported skins.
- Fixed the issue where streams from tv24.vn just didn’t work. Had to use network sniffer to find out why server was rejecting requests coming from XBMC.
- ANTV and 11 local channels have been added, including TRT1 from TT-Huế :)
- Fix playback issue with Windows builds
- Code cleanup and minor fixes.
This version is available in the repo now, xbmc should automatically update. If not, do a “Force Refresh” or “Check for Updates” on the official repo. Enjoy and keep the bug reports & suggestions coming.
Quick update to everyone using this plugin. It is now available on the xbmc official repository. In order to install the plugin, all you need to do now is this one step:
Go to Settings > Add-ons > Get Add-ons > XBMC.org Add-ons > Video Add-ons > TV Viet Nam.
That’s it! Since there’s no longer a need for a separate repository, I am terminating my personal repository. Please remove it from your xbmc installation.
I’m quite glad that a few people have used and given good feedback to the TV Việt Nam plugin. Which has encouraged me to further improve it. So meet version 0.5. Two new VTV channels (VTV6 and VTV9) and 18 SCTV ones have been added, these new channels are pulled from TV24 (an SCTV website). To avoid crowding, the SCTV channels and existing VOV stations have been put into submenus.
In response to a couple feedback regarding the ease of installation, I’ve also setup an add-on repository. This will mean that all future updates of tvvn will be checked and updated automatically by xbmc. To get version 0.5 and later, you need to do the following:
- Download this file.
- In xbmc go to: Settings > Add-ons > Install from zip file > Point to repository.zecoj.zip > xbmc will tell you that “Add-on enabled”.
- Go to: Get add-ons > zecoj box > Videos add-ons > TV Viet Nam.
UPDATE: This plugin is now available from the official repository. Please see this post.
That should be it. Have fun.